SCROLL BELOW CLASS INFO
to view videos of classes Heidi gave to Samantha Brown of the Travel Channel and renowned Chef, Giada de Laurentiis.
Learning with Heidi is easy and fun!
“Heidi Loewen is the go-to clay artist and teacher to the stars, from Hollywood and beyond. Perhaps it is her nonchalance, her wild sense of humor, or the way she teaches. She simply puts everybody in that magically relaxed creative zone in her class. She made us feel successful and inspired. I felt like an Art Star after my class with Heidi. This was unexpectedly the best experience we had in Santa Fe.” – S.F.
Wheel Throwing Pottery Workshops – Porcelain Throwing Made Easy! Private or Small Group Ceramic Workshops can be arranged any time with Heidi Loewen.
- Private ceramic wheel work and sculpture classes are for folks of all ages. These can be arranged for individuals, couples, families or corporate groups, up to 20 students. Champagne and wine receptions are also offered.
- I begin each class with a demonstration. Students work at their own wheels with clay that has been previously wedged and centered on each wheel.
- No prior art experience is needed whatsoever. The only requirements for my students are a sense of humor and the promise to say only kind and loving words about their creations. I believe there is no such thing as a mistake in art, only great opportunities.
- Students are taught with passion and humor. They may decorate, slice, curl or even karate chop their work! When they hear my non-judgmental philosophy, they totally relax, create wildly and cannot believe what they have mastered in a short period of time. Especially when I suggest they toss their newly formed pots up in the air to catch and gently squish! No grades here. Only joy.
- Students have unlimited amount of clay and will select all of their favorite colors. We will later glaze all of their works, which are completely food safe.