Ceramic Repair & Restoration
MAKE IT PERFECT AGAIN!
I love to restore all types of ceramics. Art work from any region, age, size, or type of damage is fine. I adore a great challenge!
A detailed Condition Report and contract will be written assessing the complexity of the damage and estimated time and cost to complete the full restoration. We will discuss the best options to proceed.
- Photographs are taken upon delivery, evidencing the damage. I also take shots during the restoration process, and upon completion.
- I will use the correct adhesive(s) for areas to be glued and restored. I then infill, gently sand, and where necessary, paint to match the color(s) and varnish, if called for.
- Wherever needed, I will rebuild and recreate missing and/or damaged areas. I specialize in gluing severely broken art. The restored areas will be painted to replicate the original patina or polychromed surface.
- Should you not wish to transport your damaged piece to my gallery, due to fragility or permanent installation, I can come on site for restoration.
- A thorough cleaning of the object will also be completed.
For me, it is the same successful feeling as mastering a complex puzzle. My gallery and studio is near the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, in the heart of downtown Santa Fe, directly across from the Santa Fe School of Cooking. Free parking behind my gallery. 505.660.4585